GIFTS OF THE FTxR TO THE HMRC TO DATE:
- Retrospective conversion of the Texas Room map collection to electronic format for the online public access catalog.
- Full-size reproduction of the 1869 Wood Map of Houston for use by Texas Room patrons.
- Purchase of three cabinets for the storage of microfilm copies of newspapers.
- Four custom-built wooden atlas stands.
- Partnered for three consecutive years with the Houston Public Library for Texas Treasures grant to transcribe and digitize oral history tapes ($5,000 contribution each year for a total of $15,000).
- The Golden Age of Texas Court Houses DVD given in honor of Dr. John Kelsey and Dr. Mavis Kelsey.
- Copies of In Search of Houston’s History DVD given to all branch libraries including the Central Branch.
- Twelve custom-made plinths ordered from Ty Art and installed in the six two-sided wrought iron exhibit cases original to the Julia Ideson Building.
BOOKS GIVEN TO THE TEXAS ROOM
- Woodrow Wilson’s Right Hand: The Life of Colonel Edward M. House by Godfrey Hodgson, Yale University Press, 2006.
- Down in Houston (2003) and Texas Zydeco (2006) by Roger Wood, University of Texas Press.
- Labor, Civil Rights, and the Hughes Tool Company by Michael Botson, Jr., Texas A&M University Press, 2007.
- Historic Houston Streets by Marks Hinton, Archival Press of Texas, 2006.
- Houston Deco by Jim Parsons and David Bush, Bright Sky Press, 2008.
- Rough Road to Justice: The Journey of Women Lawyers in Texas by Betty Chapman, Texas Bar Books, 2010.